Best-selling, Self-Realization Author
1. Spend as much time as possible by yourself for the purpose of discovering yourself.
2. Never explain yourself to anyone out of fear they may misjudge you.
3. Always accept a little more responsibility whenever life asks you to.
4. Say “No” to anyone or anything that you fear saying “No” to.
5. Refuse to revisit your own past for a way out of any present problem you face.
6. Learn to see your own defensiveness towards others as an offense against your own right to be free of fear.
7. Whenever possible realize that the person you are about to argue with is in as much pain as you are.
8. Leave to themselves those who would punish you with word or deed; do not return unkindness in kind.
9. Never accept any negative reaction you may have as the only possible answer to your present challenge.
10. Remember that everything you resist in life increases its weight by the magnitude of thought spent in not wanting it, so you accept all that you can, and quietly drop the rest.
For over 40 years Guy Finley has helped individuals around the world find inner freedom and a deeper, more satisfying way to live. His in-depth and down-to-earth teachings cut straight to the heart of today’s most important personal and social issues –stress, fear, relationships, addiction, meditation, and peace. His work is widely endorsed by doctors, business professionals, celebrities, and spiritual leaders of all denominations.
Guy is the author of 45 books and video/audio programs including his international bestseller “The Secret of Letting Go” which has been translated into 30 languages and sold millions of copies worldwide.
He is the founder and director of Life of Learning Foundation, a nonprofit Center for Spiritual Discovery located in Southern Oregon, with over 40,000 online newsletter subscribers. https://www.guyfinley.org
Through Life of Learning, Guy has presented over 5,000 unique self-realization seminars to thousands of grateful students throughout North America and Europe over the past 30 years and has been a guest on over 700 television and radio shows, including national appearances on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and NPR. Guy is a faculty member at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, New York and 1440 Multiversity in Scotts Valley, California. He is a regular expert contributor to Beliefnet, Insight Timer, Simple Habit, and many other popular spiritual sites.
Finley holds regular classes at Life of Learning including two free talks each week that are live-streamed www.guyfinley.org/online. These classes are open to all. For more information about Guy Finley and Life of Learning Foundation visit www.guyfinley.org
Submit Your Own Article